The meaning of the name for this roasting company and coffee shop drove the conceptual interior design of the project. Heritage Roasting Company, located in Shasta Lake City, CA, is an attempt to be a place of community gathering that reflects on the history & culture of Shasta Lake City while taking on the opportunity to sprout progressive change and growth in the area. With that in mind, it was crucial to combine historical context with contemporary design.
1. something inherited at birth, such as personal characteristics,status, and possessions
2. anything that has been transmitted from the past or handeddown by tradition
3. the evidence of the past, such as historical sites, buildings,and the unspoilt natural environment, considered collectively asthe inheritance of present-day society
Heritage implies that this place will represent the positive roots of the community that people can support as well as feel comfortable in. Therefore, we created a space that:
1. Expresses a rustic & industrial feel to capture the historical feel of the original mines that made Shasta Lake economically stable.
2. Utilized clean lines and community driven spatial organization to encourage contemporary collaboration and forward thinking.